This ad is expired.
Monterey Peninsula College
Adjunct Pool - Music Instructor
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 2000-00032
Location: Monterey, CA
Division: Creative Arts
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications for part-time teaching assignments in Music, specifically piano and/or choir. Successful candidates will provide evidence of a range of skills, education and experience related to teaching beginning, intermediate and advanced piano and/or Choral music and Choir. Teaching experience is preferred.
Courses to be taught include but are not limited to the following:
Proof of Vaccination
New employees may begin working in their assignments only after the district has received proof that the person is fully vaccinated or an exemption has been approved.
Example of Duties
Under the general supervision of the Division or Music Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor will be assigned to the Monterey campus. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
- Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
- Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
- Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
- Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
- Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
- Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices.
- Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Master's degree in music OR
- Bachelor's degree in music AND master's degree in humanities OR
- The equivalent. (Equivalency Forms must be submitted for consideration)
Work Schedule / Supplemental Information
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant's expense. Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
- Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job announcement, but you believe you possess minimum qualifications that are equivalent, you will need to complete an Equivalency Form.
Please do not upload any items not listed above (such as letters of recommendation), as they will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
- Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. The District retains the right of assignment. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
- Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, TB clearance, and fingerprint check as required.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
MPC is partnering with Monterey Peninsula Unified School District and Pacific Grove Unified School District to offer college level coursework in both academic and vocational tracks through its College and Career Access Pathways. MPC and CSU, Monterey Bay have collaborated in enrolling students in cohort-based programs in which students take classes at both MPC and CSU, Monterey Bay while earning a CSU, Monterey Bay degree.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/533285/adjunct-pool-music-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0c33bf3af612874db294109236972d9d