This ad is expired.
We are seeking part-time teachers for our Ventura and Westlake Village studios to begin training this month and start teaching in January, 2023.
A Children's Music Academy (CMA) teacher is responsible for implementing the CMA curriculum, ensuring each child and parent have a positive and successful CMA experience. A teacher is responsible for the care and well-being of each family who attends a Children's Music Academy class. Ultimately, it is the teacher's responsibility to teach children music skills in a creative, positive, and non-pressured environment through the implementation of Children's Music Academy's curriculum and help them develop lifelong musical appreciation and aptitude.
The qualities we are looking for in a teacher include:
- Minimum of three years teaching children with some part of that experience in a group setting
- Piano skills at the Intermediate level or above
- Self-confident and hard-working
- Sense of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and teach the broad-based curriculum
- Strong singing voice
- Availability for varied class schedule
- Desire to teach in a group setting with students and their parent
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach weekly 60-minute classes through the school year with summers off
- Maintain relationship with students /parents throughout the week (when applicable)
- Participate in training (live and recorded)
- Distribute lesson and marketing materials (as needed)
- Keep attendance records and additional payroll documentation
- Facilitate make-up classes (when necessary)
Bachelor's degree is required. We prefer a major or minor in music performance or education, however, comparable music education is acceptable.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency